Android Interface Development
This course goes in-depth into the many interfaces available to Android and builds on the foundations of Android development. Areas covered are advanced topics and components related to the user interface, audio and video interfaces, methods of cross-application interaction, and others. Students are encouraged to continue their project work from the first quarter and extend it with new concepts and functionality.
- Getting access to the data services
- Prepping the development environment (tools for data connectivity)
- Creating a Mashup application (introduction to data services, connecting to an existing service
- Data persistence (developing with a disconnected mindset, sending and storing private data, understanding information management strategies)
- Android sensors (camera, location, orientation, accelerometer)
- Advanced Android topics (networking, advanced UI, content providers, services)
Find the Offering That's Right for You
We offer programs throughout the year in different locations and learning formats designed to meet your education needs. To learn more about this program, select one of the following sections.