This year, UW Professional & Continuing Education is a proud sponsor of Bumbershoot
and the 1 Reel Film Festival at the Seattle Center on August 30, 31 and September
1. We’ll be on-site throughout the festival, so stop by our booth and enter to win a career makeover.
Thinking about enrolling in one of our certificate programs? Apply by August 1,
2014, for admission to a certificate program that starts in
fall 2014, and you’ll qualify to win one of a dozen pairs of Any Day Bumbershoot
tickets. Ticket winners will be notified by email. See official rules
"BUMBERSHOOT DRAWING" OFFICIAL RULES
1. SPONSOR(S): University of Washington Professional & Continuing Education, 4333 Brooklyn Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98195.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Drawing entry period will begin between June 20, 2014 at 12:00 am/PST, and will close on August 1, 2014 at 11:59 pm/PST.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Bumbershoot Drawing (the “Drawing”) is open only to applicants to the Sponsor’s Certificate Programs, as noted below, with the exception that employees of Sponsor
using professional development funds are not eligible to enter. Participation constitutes each entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions,
which are final and binding in all matters related to the Drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected applications.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Go to http://www.pce.uw.edu and apply to a certificate program starting in Autumn 2014. All applications received between 12:00am/PST on March 5, 2014 and 11:59
P.M./PST on August 1, 2014 will be automatically entered.
The Sponsors are the official time keeper for the Drawing.
All entry information and materials become the property of The Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Except as otherwise contemplated in these Official Rules, and to the
5. PRIZE: Twelve (12) winners will receive two (2) Any Day admission tickets to Bumbershoot: Seattle’s Music & Arts Festival (herein “the Festival”) held August 30th, 31st and
September 1st 2014 at Seattle Center in Seattle, WA. The approximate retail value (ARV) of the prize is $140 USD. No transfer or substitution of Prize is allowed. The Prize may not be
redeemed for cash and cannot be used in conjunction or combined with any other competition or offer, nor may it be transferred or exchanged in part or in full. The Sponsors reserve the
right to substitute the Prize or any portion thereof for one of equal or greater value for any reason at their sole discretion.
6. ODDS: Actual odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. WINNER SELECTION: The winners will be determined by random selection conducted by The Sponsors from among all eligible entrants on or around August 4, 2014. All results of the
selection are final and binding, subject to these Official Rules
8. NOTICE TO WINNERS: Attempts to notify potential winners will be made using the e-mail address provided on the certificate application within five (5) days of Drawing end date. The Sponsors are not responsible for e-mail or other communication problems of any kind.
9. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: Potential winners will be required to confirm acceptance of prize. The Sponsors are not responsible for e-mail or other
communication problems of any kind. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within five (5) days (or such shorter time as exigencies may require) of the first
notification attempt, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be
Prizes will be redeemed at Bumbershoot Will Call. A photo id is required. Will Call is located at the Festival entrance on Mercer Street, between the Intiman Theater and Exhibition Hall. Tickets for Will Call will be available for pick-up on Friday, August 29, 2014 (the day BEFORE the Festival) between 11 AM and 7 PM, or during the Festival, (Saturday through Monday) between 10:30 AM–9:30 PM.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Drawing or
any portion of it, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation
of the Drawing may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent
permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Neither the Sponsor nor the University of Washington is responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing
errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Drawing; (2) technical failures of any kind, (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the
Drawing; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Drawing or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be
caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Drawing or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Drawing shall be resolved
individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Superior Court of King County, Washington; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to
actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Drawing, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain
awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses,
and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official
Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Drawing, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington
without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.