Agile Game Development
This course focuses on the management skills and processes required to succeed in a game development studio. It looks at the structure and roles of a development team and gives students insight on the challenges a dev team faces.
In this course, each class is divided into a lecture portion and a lab portion. Students form development teams and put the lecture principles to use to develop a game design together over the ten-week term. Each student takes on a role mirroring those of professional dev teams, such as management, systems design, prototyping, storyboarding, visual design, plot and character development. At the end of the term, each team presents its design to the class and a group of industry professionals for critique and discussion.
- Agile project management as applied to game design
- Advantages of agile over waterfall project management
- Roles and responsibilities of a game development team
- Creating a viable business model
- Creating a prototype
- Working collaboratively with team members
- Improving your ability to estimate the amount of time to complete tasks
- How to meet deadlines
- Prioritizing features and cutting back as necessary due to time constraints
- Designing a viable user interface
Find the Offering That's Right for You
We offer programs throughout the year in different locations and learning formats designed to meet your education needs. To learn more about this program, select one of the following sections.