Android Development Fundamentals
This course will introduce the student to the core development skills and practices needed to develop an application on the Android platform. Code examples will be provided during instruction with the goal of development of an application by the student at the end of the course. The language for the course is Java.
- Introduction to the Android platform and ecosystem
- Overview, history, current status of Android and the Android ecosystem
- Installation, configuration, and explanation of the Android SDK
- Application design, user experience concerns, planning for application
- Application, activities and services, lifecycle, manifest, permissions/security, resources
- Processes, threads, intents, intra-application communication (handlers, messages, AIDL)
- Application design
- Introduction to views, dialogs, menus
- Layout and layout objects
- Event handling
- Overview of graphics, audio, video resources
- Android application data and persistence
- Individual or group project: develop an application that satisfies a personal or group need
Find the Offering That's Right for You
We offer programs throughout the year in different locations and learning formats designed to meet your education needs. To learn more about this program, select one of the following sections.
Presently no sections are available for review.