Architectural Lighting Design (ARCH 498)
Concentrating on electric lighting and how to use it to enhance the built environment, this course utilizes a variety of teaching methods.
These teaching methods include:
- Site visits: the class will examine and analyze the best lighting design sites throughout Seattle
- Guest Presentations: by industry leaders including Lighting Designers and Lighting Manufactures
- Lighting Fixture Models: students will study, design and construct working lighting fixtures that creatively solves a lighting challenge
- Lectures and Demonstrations: covering various aspects of lighting design including: Process, Technology and Application
- Theatrical Lighting Techniques: utilizing the Drama Lab Studio lighting instruments
- Lighting Calculations: students will learn basic lighting calculations to verify design goals
- Final Projects: students will present final lighting design projects to a jury of practicing lighting professionals
Find the Offering That's Right for You
We offer programs throughout the year in different locations and learning formats designed to meet your education needs. To learn more about this program, select one of the following sections.
Presently no sections are available for review.
Presently no sections are underway.