Making the Design a Reality: Creating Your Line
This course focuses on the process of taking design from concept to reality, with an emphasis on production, pricing and distribution. It will provide the basics of supply chain management and provide a framework for understanding how it can be adapted to best support an individual design concept.
Students will learn about:
- Textile, color, pattern choices, sourcing, surface design options
- The construction process, including prototypes, samples, systems for ensuring quality and fit
- Developing and implementing timelines for product development and production
- Costs and pricing decisions, financial planning and available resources
- Choices about the scale and participants in the production process: Handmade or industrial, local or global?
- Distribution: Packing, shipping and invoicing
- The role of personal values and lifestyle in making these choices
- Includes guest presentations by local designers and other influential industry professionals
- Students will create a supply chain plan to support successfully bringing their own design concepts to market
Find the Offering That's Right for You
We offer programs throughout the year in different locations and learning formats designed to meet your education needs. To learn more about this program, select one of the following sections.
Presently no sections are underway.