Introduction to Data Science
Part of the Certificate in Data Science.
This course is designed to introduce students to the data management, storage and manipulation tools common in data science and will apply those tools to real scenarios. An overview of different SQL and No-SQL database technologies is presented and the course finishes with a discussion of choosing the appropriate tool to get the job done.
- Introduction to data (data types, data movement, terminology, etc.)
- Storage and Concurrency Preliminaries
- Files and File-based data systems
- Relational Database Management Systems
- Hadoop Introduction
- NoSQL - MapReduce vs. Parallel RDBMS
- Search and Text Analysis