Introduction to Data Science
This course is designed to introduce students to the data management, storage and manipulation tools common in data science and will apply those tools to real scenarios. An overview of different SQL and No-SQL database technologies is presented and the course finishes with a discussion of choosing the appropriate tool to get the job done.
- Introduction to data (data types, data movement, terminology, etc.)
- Storage and Concurrency Preliminaries
- Files and File-based data systems
- Relational Database Management Systems
- Hadoop Introduction
- NoSQL - MapReduce vs. Parallel RDBMS
- Search and Text Analysis
Find the Offering That's Right for You
We offer programs throughout the year in different locations and learning formats designed to meet your education needs. To learn more about this program, select one of the following sections.
Presently no sections are underway.