Environmental Regulation: Laws & Institutions
Sort through the maze of regulations and the veritable “alphabet soup” of acronyms. Develop a general familiarity with the substantive issues in the major environmental laws, the general relationships among the laws and the roles and responsibilities of the agencies that administer them. The class will also address evolving areas of environmental regulation.
Major legislative acts and their substantive issues:
- National Environmental Policy Act
- Endangered Species Act
- State Environmental Policy Act
- Growth Management Act with county planning policies
- Clean Water Act
- Clean Air Act
- Tribal law
- Shoreline Management Act
- Critical Areas Ordinance
- City and county planning process
- Relationships among the laws
- Jurisdictional framework (responsibilities and relationships of the regulatory agencies)
- Coastal and Ocean Management LawThe regulation of greenhouse gas emissions
Find the Offering That's Right for You
We offer programs throughout the year in different locations and learning formats designed to meet your education needs. To learn more about this program, select one of the following sections.
Presently no sections are underway.