Facility Life Cycle 2: Design and Construction
Focus on the second part of the facility life cycle; continued readings in the text are required, with exercises based on audio, video, electronic materials, and expert lead discussions.
- Design – process, team, impacts, contracts, ADA
- Interior planning and design, green design
- Specifications, technical writing, cost estimating and reading plans
- Construction – process, permitting, testing and inspection, bidding and contract documents, materials and methods, site issues
- Building systems – data and communication systems, structural systems, mechanical systems, electrical, vertical transportation, fire and life safety
- Project management – administration, quality control, value engineering, and sustainability
There are currently no sections of this course available.