Illustrating Children's Picture Books
Explore the visual side of writing picture books through workshops, discussions and critiques. Delve into character details, word choice, visual research, pacing, art styles, media, point-of-view and manuscript revision. Craft a book from an original story or retold folktale.
What the Program Covers
- Ways in which a manuscript can suggest visual scenes and how illustrations enhance the narrative qualities of a manuscript
- Character details, word choice, visual research, pacing, art styles, media, point-of-view and manuscript revision
- Seamless integration of a story's words and pictures
You will know how to unite visual and narrative elements to create a compelling story. You will have developed a 32-page book mock-up and worked toward the final art.
Who Should Enroll
- Aspiring and published illustrators and authors of children's 32-page picture books
- Illustrators and authors of children's chapter books
Find the Offering That's Right for You
We offer programs throughout the year in different locations and learning formats designed to meet your education needs. To learn more about this program, select one of the following sections.
Presently no sections are underway.