International Teaching English as a Foreign Language
This course introduces participants to current theories, research and practices in the field of English language teaching in a hands-on manner. Participants present teaching demonstrations focused on a variety of classroom topics, as well as conduct classroom observations and conversation facilitations in actual EFL classrooms. Reading and homework are required outside of class hours, including regular written journal entries focused on self-reflection. Participants attend lectures by experienced EFL teachers and a panel of teachers who have recently taught English overseas.
- Lesson planning, online materials and grammar
- Testing and assessing for placement
- Classroom management and student motivation
- Adapting universal practices to your target student population
- Creating a professional portfolio of lesson plans, teaching philosophy and materials
Find the Offering That's Right for You
We offer programs throughout the year in different locations and learning formats designed to meet your education needs. To learn more about this program, select one of the following sections.
Presently no sections are underway.