Scalable & Data-Intensive Computing in the Cloud
The third course extends the introductory by focusing on the technologies that enable massive scalability: load balancing, message queues, networking. We will put special emphasis on scalable data processing and management technologies, including database-as-a-service platforms, parallel data processing frameworks such as MapReduce and its contemporaries.
- Components of scalable computing
- Cloud building topics (VLAN, NAS, SAN, Network switches, VMotion)
- Consistency models for large-scale distributed systems
- MapReduce/Big Data/NoSQL Systems
- Programming Big Data (Hadoop, HIVE, Pig, etc)
- Database-as-a- Service (SQL Azure, RDS, Database.com)
Find the Offering That's Right for You
We offer programs throughout the year in different locations and learning formats designed to meet your education needs. To learn more about this program, select one of the following sections.
Presently no sections are available for review.