Server-Based Game Development
This course builds on the foundations of gameplay in HTML5 as students develop an increasingly complex game. It also introduces a new set of technologies in networking the game client. Topics include:
- Collision detection using basic physics and pathing on a 2D grid
- Server-side game state storage
- Game server architecture including server-side arbitration
- Authentication, security, hack prevention, event logging
- Network errors and recovery
- Leaderboards and achievements via Web services
- Integration and use of a physics library
Find the Offering That's Right for You
We offer programs throughout the year in different locations and learning formats designed to meet your education needs. To learn more about this program, select one of the following sections.
Presently no sections are underway.