Landscape Understanding of Wetland Setting, Processes and Management
Application of landscape ecology concepts to wetlands as integrated mosaics of patches and corridors integrating watershed and coastal ecosystems;understanding the function of wetlands beyond their jurisdictional boundaries; and, landscape-based rationale for wetland management, protection and restoration.
- Concepts and terms describing wetland landscape elements and processes
- Fundamental ecosystem processes affecting wetlands, with strategies to restore and enhance wetlands
- Effect of modifications to wetland processes and biotic communities at increasing scales
- Diagnostic tools for assessing wetland landscape modification and effects on wetland function, as well as differentiating natural from human/cultural stresses, based on scientific concepts of system organization and ecological integrity
- Landscape bases for understanding cumulative impacts, compared with attempts to manage and regulate wetlands at diverse spatial and temporal scales
- Comparison of strategies to preserve and maintain and restore wetland systems at landscape scales
Find the Offering That's Right for You
We offer programs throughout the year in different locations and learning formats designed to meet your education needs. To learn more about this program, select one of the following sections.
Presently no sections are underway.