About this Program
Android is the leading mobile device OS in use worldwide, running millions of apps and devices. It’s time to add your own application to this burgeoning marketplace. Our program gives you the technical knowledge and high-level abilities to develop your own Android app and show the world what you can do.
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll start with the basics of developing for the Android platform. Then we’ll move on to advanced skills, such as adding graphics, animation, sound and video and integrating with other applications. Whether you want to add to your professional portfolio or become a full-fledged entrepreneur, this program will supply the tools you need to succeed.
Developers and technical professionals with mastery of at least one high-level programming language. Those with less experience should consider taking our course in Foundations of Programming (Python) or in Java Foundations first.
Dan Vallejo, an instructor for the Certificate in Android Application Development, explains how the program teaches students the skills to develop their own Android app.
What You'LL Learn
- Core Java coding skills for developing on the Android platform
- User interface design and development, including video and 2-D/3-D graphics
- How to handle issues such as application services, data storage and retrieval, permissions and security, data persistence, monitoring, and application hosting
- Cross-application interaction and communication
- Key concepts for building rich applications using advanced features
Get Hands-on Experience
- Install and configure the Android SDK
- Develop your own working Android app