About this Program
There are no future offerings scheduled for this program at this time.
Why do some businesses thrive, while others wither on the vine? To foster healthy growth, an organization needs people who can generate compelling new ideas, sustainable business models, attainable financial projections and targeted business development plans that make a significant impact.
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll study the fundamentals of successful business development. You’ll learn how to evaluate market opportunities, communicate business value and risks, and pitch new growth initiatives. We’ll investigate proven strategies for attracting investment, expanding market share and increasing revenue. Enhance your ability to grow an existing business, or take your own unique business idea and bring it to life.
Professionals who want to improve their business development skills or start a new business.
Christy Johnson, an instructor for the Certificate in Business Development, talks about the diverse set of skills that students can gain from this in-depth program.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Methods for defining customer segments and needs
- Different ways to optimize sales and marketing channels
- How to develop a vision and strategy statement and design a business model
- Essential aspects of budgeting, financial modeling and forecasting, and risk assessment and mitigation
- Strategies for pitching a proposal to investors, partners and management
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Create and present a real business development plan for an existing company or startup venture
- Participate in competitive business development simulations