About this Program
There are no future offerings scheduled for this program at this time.
As the name would suggest, Scala functional programming is all about scaling up — increasing your organization’s ability to take advantage of available big data in the development of full-stack web applications and services for mission-critical systems. Combining Scala frameworks such as Spark and Akka allows you to build highly concurrent, distributed, and message-driven applications on the Java virtual machine (JVM).
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll acquire the skills needed to create resilient, elastically scalable, responsive and distributed web applications for big-data environments. You’ll learn to produce event-driven, fault-tolerant applications and gain an understanding of the tools and frameworks related to computing-intensive web services.
Technically oriented professionals with experience in software development, data analysis or data science.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Tools and techniques for front- and back-end development of full-stack web applications using Play and Akka HTTP
- Principles of Spark programming and an introduction to Spark’s machine learning library (MLlib)
- How analytics and machine learning concepts can be applied in building responsive and distributed web applications
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Perform data processing using Spark and Akka
- Complete a final programming project based on real-world scenarios