About this Program
Note: This program was previously titled Certificate in Public Relations & Strategic Communications.
In the multichannel, 24-hour information cycle that is the modern communications landscape, how can your company or organization successfully craft and disseminate its story? How do you develop a complete strategic communications plan that positions your brand and connects with your target audience?
In this five-course certificate program, we’ll examine how to define the narrative and persuade audiences with authentic, engaging content. You’ll explore how to distribute your message through various channels, including media organizations, social networks, corporate communications, events and thought leadership. Gain the latest knowledge and abilities to help you navigate this complex role with confidence and skill.
Communications and public relations professionals, along with those looking to enter the field.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- The skills needed to plan, execute and evaluate a communications strategy
- How to write for different platforms and audiences
- How to plan, develop and distribute compelling digital content to drive business objectives
- Ways to build relationships with journalists, bloggers and other key influencers
- How to handle crisis communications
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Join a full-day PR crisis simulation event, including recorded role-playing and feedback from professionals
- Participate in an interactive media spokesperson training session
- Develop a communications plan for an organization
- Complete a variety of communications pieces using a creative brief
- Register for each course individually
- Start the program in any quarter
- Take the courses in any order
EARNING THE CERTIFICATE
Complete all courses to earn the certificate (see Program Overview). After you complete your final course, you can get your certificate by submitting a request form.