About this Course
Algorithms and data structures are the essential frameworks for solving almost any computer engineering problem. A fundamental grasp of these tools is key to helping you understand how computers and programming languages work and what makes a specific solution the optimal one. There are many algorithms and data structures in the modern software engineer’s proverbial tool belt: languages, frameworks, libraries and more. Choosing the right approach for a particular problem and forging an effective solution hinges on in-depth knowledge of the relative strengths and weaknesses of each tool.
In this course, you’ll examine, create, compare and test the major types of algorithms and data structures. We’ll cover how to optimize the skills you’ve already mastered and how to create more advanced tools as necessary. Learn to think like a computer scientist, and take an engineering approach to solving complex problems.
Beginning programmers who want to deepen their knowledge, and those who want to take more advance programming courses and pursue a career in software engineering.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Key algorithms: loops, sorting, conditionals and recursion
- Different varieties of data structures: arrays, HashMaps, linked lists and trees
- How to select the right tool for a particular problem
- Techniques for developing different solutions for the same problem
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Build complex data structures from scratch
- Create complex algorithms
- Practice interviewing for programming jobs, including mock interviews with local tech professionals