About this Course
In this course, you'll be introduced to the most widely used APIs and to the design rationale for their implementation and usage. You'll use widely accepted tools for the development and testing of Java applications.
Throughout this course, we’ll cover best practices for Java development and emphasize the use of good object-oriented design and design patterns.
What You’ll Learn
- How to use Maven as a project management tool
- Selecting and using classes from the collections library
- How to access, update and query a relational database using Java
- Formatting a Java file and performing network I/O
- How to use Java concurrency primitives
Get Hands-on Experience
You’ll complete a project where you use lambda expressions, access a relational database, connect applications through TCP networking and explore rudimentary multithreading.