About this Course
For decades, high-end computer systems have used sophisticated data mining techniques to identify credit fraud, predict the weather, make online recommendations, help solve crimes and support organizational decision making. In recent years, major innovations in machine learning, statistics and programming languages have made these data mining and predictive analytics tools more accurate, easier to configure and more widely accessible.
In this course, you’ll gain fluency in data mining and get an initial introduction to the latest predictive analytics technologies. You’ll learn essential techniques and gain a fundamental understanding of how to use cutting-edge tools, code modules, and programming libraries and resources to mine large data sets. And discover how machine learning is being leveraged to make predictions that can improve business outcomes and impact strategic decisions.
What You’ll Learn
- Essential data mining and machine learning concepts
- Methods of regression, cluster and decision tree analysis
- Unsupervised and supervised learning models
- Basic R programming skills
Get Hands-On Experience
- Use powerful desktop and web-based analytics tools (student license provided)
- Configure basic R code and utilize dplyr code libraries to complete data mining and predictive analytics projects