About this Course
Whether you’re a manager or an individual contributor, a seasoned professional or new, emotional intelligence is key to career success. Emotional intelligence is the ability to identify and manage your emotions and understand the behavior of others. In the workplace, it’s considered a “soft skill” that can help you mobilize people to achieve business goals. According to LinkedIn’s 2019 Talent Trend report, soft skills are increasingly important in landing a job — and being successful.
This course is designed to illustrate the underlying thinking patterns that drive behavior and teach techniques to help you have greater control over your actions. First, you'll learn to identify your thinking patterns and associated behaviors, then we'll focus on developing more effective responses. Through this process, you'll improve skills such as communication, decision making, influence and collaboration so you and those you work with can thrive.
Managers and other professionals who want to work more effectively with others to drive business results.
What You’ll Learn
- How your personal beliefs and values drive your actions and behaviors
- What your stress triggers are and strategies for managing your responses
- Tactics to help you avoid habits that hinder your success
- Effective communication strategies for providing feedback, apologizing, expressing appreciation and having challenging discussions
GET Hands-on experience
- Complete the Insights Discovery Assessment and receive a 22-page customized profile designed to increase self-awareness of your style and impact
- Practice applying new behavioral frameworks to your own work challenges
- Practice coaching another person using methods taught in the course
- Participate in a simulation where you communicate and solve a problem under stress and get feedback on how it went
- Create a personalized action plan to enhance your effectiveness at work