About this Course
In this course, you’ll be introduced to the core concepts of facility management and operations. We’ll cover proven techniques to improve safety and efficiency and to protect and enhance a facility's value. You’ll learn how to create a people-friendly work environment that fosters personal productivity. We’ll also explore communication processes that enable you to coordinate work with architects, planners, engineers, contractors, tenants and stakeholders.
This course includes the following competency areas that align with the International Facility Management Association (IFMA™): Operations and Maintenance, Finance and Business, Human Factors and Communication.
What You’ll Learn
- The key aspects of financial management, budgeting and contracting
- Operational and maintenance issues, such as energy-efficiency techniques, sustainability implementation, comfort, productivity and work management
- Trends in facility design and space planning
- How to anticipate changing client needs while solving problems creatively and efficiently
- Communicating effectively for project/program approval and change management