About this Course
In this course, you'll explore and practice basic programming concepts using Python. You'll get a rapid and practical introduction to computer programming and application development. You'll learn how to think like a programmer and discover the pros and cons of Python and other commonly used programming languages.
You can take this course on its own or use it to prepare for one of the following:
Anyone interested in learning how to code in Python.
▸ Related Article: Four Skills You Need to Get Started in Data Analytics
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Basic computer and programming concepts
- industry-standard professional development tools
- Techniques for developing programs using object-oriented programming (OOP)
- How to set up a development environment and virtual environments
- The software design process, including consideration of some common design trade-offs
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Get plenty of hands-on practice in Python programming
- Create useful programs for your professional or personal use
Apply for a Scholarship
This course will be offered at the Othello-UW Commons in Southeast Seattle. Up to 12 income-based scholarships are available for this offering, which starts in January 2020. Preference will be given to Southeast Seattle residents. See the scholarship page for eligibility criteria and how to apply.