About this Course
As an up-and-coming leader in your organization, you're beginning to marshal resources and direct individual contributors as a technical director or mentor. You already possess the engineering skills — tools that have attracted the attention of management. Now it's time to take charge of an idea and drive it forward.
But how do you navigate the business environment so your projects are successful and create real and lasting value for your organization? This course offers a series of tools and frameworks that you can apply to move project ideas from rough concept to management approval.
What You’ll Learn
- Corporate business strategy: how to connect and integrate your projects with your firm’s plans
- Marketing fundamentals: how to use marketing techniques to help sell your ideas to stakeholders
- Accounting and finance: how your company’s health and financial direction determine which projects go forward
- Project valuation and ROI analysis
- How to pick smart projects and sell them to management