About this Course
This is an online course, with a one-day, all-class, real-time online session and nine self-paced online sessions.
In the one-day real-time session, you'll further develop your coaching practice with greater emphasis on overcoming challenges related to behavior change. You and your peers will participate in a deep dive on the process of positive behavior support and how practice-based coaching can facilitate the client's use of this process.
After the one-day session, you'll continue to follow the same approach and learning activities in the online portion as described in Practice-Based Coaching I. Remaining sessions rely on self-guided slide presentations, interactive discussion forums and active use of the Coaching Companion website. You'll engage with your peers to reflect on and analyze the empirical and practitioner literature about coaching, as well as to weave into your practice the foundational skills developed during the one-day session.
Video recorded assignments will continue to be a critical element of the course as a means of supporting self-reflection, ssessment and feedback from instructors and peers.
- Ethics and professionalism
- The trans-theoretical change process
- Dealing with resistance to coaching
- Advanced reflection and feedback
- The development of social and emotional learning in early childhood
- Positive behavior support
- Adult response to stress and preventing and addressing challenging behavior
- Functional behavior analysis and individualized behavior support plans