About this Course
What is project management? Why do companies that make project excellence a core priority have more success than those that do not?
In this course, we’ll start with the basics and introduce you to the complete project lifecycle. You’ll learn the foundational elements of project management, including standard vocabulary and the nature of project environments. We’ll cover best practices for identifying project scope and defining requirements, approach and outcomes. Using case studies and real-world scenarios, we’ll teach you how to identify the key defining elements of project strategy, and deliver a baseline to your stakeholders. At the end of this course you will have a deep understanding of how to initiate and effectively plan a project.
What You’ll Learn
- How to gauge project scope and create a project charter
- How to create a project schedule and budget using industry software
- Effective ways to identify and communicate with stakeholders
- Strengths and weaknesses of the major project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- The definition of project requirements and development of a work breakdown structure