Applying for GNM Status - Composite Materials & Manufacturing Certificate Students
By applying for graduate nonmatriculated status, you can earn up to 12 graduate credits toward degree requirements should you later be accepted into the Master of Science in Materials Science & Engineering or the Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
To apply, follow these steps:
1. Apply to the credit version of the Certificate in Aircraft Composite Materials & Manufacturing.
2. Once you’ve been accepted, apply online for GNM status. The GNM application requires a $75 application fee.
3. For application type, select Graduate Non-Matriculated.
4. For program, select Materials Science & Engineering (MS-Applied) or Mechanical Engineering (MS-Mech Engr).
5. Indicate the quarter you’d like to enroll. For the 2020-21 academic year, the application deadlines are:
||Sep 1, 2020
||Dec 1, 2020
||Mar 1, 2021
6. Notify the department contact of your application.
7. After your GNM status is approved, follow the registration instructions for the certificate program.
You must earn a grade of 3.0 in each course for it to count toward your master's degree requirements.
If you're interested in taking a single course as a GNM student, you should follow the instructions on the Non-Degree Enrollment site.
Learn more about GNM requirements and procedures on the Graduate School’s graduate nonmatriculated students page.
Department of Materials Science & Engineering
Department of Mechanical Engineering