By applying for graduate nonmatriculated status, you can earn up to 12 graduate credits toward degree requirements should you later be accepted into the Master of Science in Materials Science & Engineering or the Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
To apply, follow these steps:
1. Apply to the credit version of the Certificate in Aircraft Composite Materials & Manufacturing.
2. Once you’ve been accepted, apply online for GNM status. The GNM application requires a $75 application fee.
3. For application type, select Graduate Non-Matriculated.
4. For program, select Materials Science & Engineering (MS-Applied) or Mechanical Engineering (MS-Mech Engr).
5. Indicate the quarter you’d like to enroll. For the 2020-21 academic year, the application deadlines are:
6. Notify the deparment contact of your application.
7. After your GNM status is approved, follow the registration instructions for the certificate program.
You must earn a grade of 3.0 in each course for it to count toward your master's degree requirements.
If you're interested in taking a single course as a GNM student, you should follow the instructions on the Non-Degree Enrollment site.
Learn more about GNM requirements and procedures on the Graduate School’s graduate nonmatriculated students page.
Department of Materials Science & Engineering
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Be among the first to receive timely program info, career tips, industry trends and more.