About this Program
As the health care industry continues to evolve and expand, it attracts a wider variety of professionals, including those working in business, technology and design. Individuals filling these roles must have the basic health care knowledge and vocabulary needed to be successful in the field.
In this intensive certificate program, you’ll develop a core understanding of the changing dynamics of the health care sector. We’ll explore the many entities and complex factors involved in providing high-quality patient care in the United States. You’ll examine different cost structures, funding mechanisms, and current and emerging technologies in health care, including medical devices, mobile health technologies and health information systems.
Business and technology professionals with limited health care experience who want a better understanding of the field.
What You'll Learn
- The different entities involved in the provision of health care in the United States
- Legal and regulatory frameworks and challenges in the health care sector
- Current health information systems used in the management of patient and business data
- How the Affordable Care Act impacts health care systems
- Telemedicine, mobile devices and other emerging health care technologies and innovations
Get Hands-On Experience
You’ll complete a two-quarter research project involving in-depth study of a major health care challenge or opportunity.
Connect With Industry Experts
You’ll hear from guest speakers who are leading figures in the health care field.