About this Course
This course focuses on connecting devices to the cloud. You’ll be introduced to networking, frameworks, application protocols, data representations, security and the tools used to connect devices to the internet of things. This course builds on what you learned in the first course, using the Raspberry Pi to understand how things are connected and represented on the internet. Some of the networks we’ll cover include ZigBee, Thread, Bluetooth and WiFi. You’ll explore ecosystems such as Samsung SmartThings, Apple HomeKit, Google Nest and Philips Hue. You’ll use Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure to create a custom internet of things through practical, hands-on experience.
- Connecting devices to the internet of things
- Networking and application protocols
- How data is represented on the internet
- Securing devices and transactions
- Controlling devices through web APIs and applications