We’re currently accepting applications and will be reviewing them in the order they’re received. We’ll accept applications until Thursday, September 26, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time, or until the program fills, whichever comes first.
Step 1: Gather the following materials
- A brief letter (250-word maximum) that describes your relevant experience, transferable skills, knowledge of the field and commitment to professional growth
- A resume that highlights how your education and any applicable experience fulfill the program’s admission requirements
Step 2: Apply
Complete your application and submit the materials listed in step 1, along with your $50 nonrefundable application fee.
We’ll contact you within seven business days of receiving your complete application materials to let you know if you’ve been accepted to the program.
If you’re accepted, we’ll send you details about your first-term course, including information on how to register and pay your course fees. Payment is due no later than two days before your first class.
You may qualify for an income-based scholarship for this program. To learn about eligibility requirements and how to apply, visit the UWPCE Certificate Scholarship page.
There are no formal admission requirements, although you must be fluent in file management: copying, moving, deleting, downloading and naming/renaming. You don’t need any previous HTML or CSS experience to take this program.
If you're not a native English speaker, you’ll need to have at least basic English language skills to enroll. To learn more, see English Language Proficiency Requirements.
To enroll, international students must have a visa that permits study in the United States. This program does not enable students to obtain or maintain F-1 visa status. For more information, see Admission Requirements for International Students.
Classroom students will need:
- A laptop to bring to class that runs a recent operating system (less than two years old); Windows, Mac and Linux are all acceptable, although a Mac or Linux platform is recommended
- Admin privileges on your laptop, which are required so you can download and install software
Online students will need:
- A computer that runs a recent operating system (less than two years old); Windows, Mac and Linux are all acceptable, although a Mac or Linux platform is recommended
- Admin privileges on your computer, which are required so you can download and install software
- A high-speed internet connection
Earning the Certificate
You earn the certificate by adhering to the program's attendance policy and successfully completing all required courses. For more information, see Earning the Certificate.