With a self-paced program, there is no application deadline — you can apply and start the program whenever you'd like.
Step 1: Gather the following materials
- A brief letter (250-word maximum) that describes your relevant experience, transferable skills, knowledge of the field and commitment to professional growth
- A resume that highlights how your education and any applicable experience fulfill the program's admission requirements
Step 2: Apply
Complete your application and submit the materials listed in step 1, along with your $50 nonrefundable application fee.
We’ll contact you within seven business days of receiving your complete application materials to let you know if you’ve been accepted to the program.
If you’re accepted, we’ll send you details about your first course, including information on paying your course fee. Note: You have six weeks to register for your first course after being accepted. After that, you'll need to reapply to the program before you can register.
You may qualify for an income-based scholarship for this program. For more information, see the Scholarships page.
There are no formal admission requirements for this program. Anyone is encouraged to apply.
GOOD TO HAVE
- Fluent in file management (copying, moving, deleting, downloading and naming/renaming files)
- Willing and able to do independent web searches to solve coding and programming problems
If you're not a native English speaker, you’ll need to have at least basic English language skills to enroll. To learn more, see English Language Proficiency Requirements.
To enroll, international students must have a visa that permits study in the United States. This program does not enable students to obtain or maintain F-1 visa status. For more information, see Admission Requirements for International Students.
Classroom students will need:
- A laptop to bring to class that runs a recent operating system (less than two years old); Windows, Mac and Linux are all acceptable, although a Mac or Linux platform is recommended
- Admin privileges on your laptop, which are required so you can download and install software
Online students will need:
- A computer that runs a recent operating system (less than two years old); Windows, Mac and Linux are all acceptable, although a Mac or Linux platform is recommended
- Admin privileges on your computer, which are required so you can download and install software
- A high-speed internet connection
Earning the Certificate
You earn the certificate by adhering to the program's attendance policy and successfully completing all required courses. For more information, see Earning the Certificate.