About this Program
The C# programming language is the major language used to develop applications for the Windows operating system. In this three-course certificate program, we’ll show you how to design and build robust, data-driven Windows client and web applications using the Microsoft .NET Framework. Then you’ll create your own applications to add to your professional portfolio. Build a career in software development with this powerful and widely used language.
▸ Related Article: Want to Learn to Code? Here's Where to Start.
Technically oriented professionals who want to become software engineers, or developers who want to enhance their programming skills. Those with less experience should consider taking our courses in Foundations of Programming (C# and .NET) and Foundations of Algorithms & Data Structures first.
Certificate in C# Programming instructor Kalpana Viswanathan explains how the program trains students in the latest programming techniques for this dynamic language.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Basic concepts of the .NET Framework
- The ways that object-oriented programming, multithreading and class libraries improve application performance and design
- How to use common Windows controls and create Windows forms applications
- Data structures, storage techniques, exception handling, strings, regular expressions and collections
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Develop Windows client applications, web applications and databases
- Complete a mashup project for web services
- Use Microsoft Visual Studio, Visio, Project, .NET Framework and SQL Server (free downloads)