About this Program
An organization’s data is only as good as the ability to access it. Database designers, developers and administrators hold the key to that access. The importance of these roles is reflected in the job market, where overall growth is projected at 15 percent through the end of the decade.
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll teach you the essentials of database management — how to capture, store, retrieve and analyze data skillfully and effectively. You’ll become familiar with design principles and database management technologies and gain experience working in distributed, mainframe, client-server and desktop environments. Get the skills required to help your organization manage its data successfully.
Professionals looking to enter or advance in the field of database design, development and administration. Those with no experience working with databases should consider taking our course in Foundations of Database Management first.
Instructor Gregory Hay of the Certificate in Database Management explains the benefits of the program and the different types of jobs that it prepares graduates for.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- An overview of database models, environments and systems architectures
- How to diagnose and troubleshoot database issues
- Data modeling and manipulation techniques
- Database backup and recovery strategies
- Administration functions, policies and procedures
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Design and implement a database management system
- Use SQL Server and Microsoft Visio software (free downloads)