About this Program
Technology experts predict that by 2020 there will be billions of devices connected wirelessly to the internet, generating vast amounts of data in real time and transforming the way we live, work and play. This phenomenon — known as the internet of things — will enable everything from smart homes to life-saving medical technologies. The job market for tech professionals who can engineer these connections is growing exponentially.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll gain the foundational skills to manage and administer networked control systems. We’ll explore the most popular platforms and languages used to develop for connected devices. And you’ll learn the tools and technologies needed to build cutting-edge solutions that make possible the internet of things.
Software development professionals and those who work with connected devices and networks.
What You’ll Learn
- How to work with and code for the Raspberry Pi platform
- Concepts involved in machine-to-machine communications
- Techniques for connecting to and reading sensor data
- Distributed computing and interacting with the cloud
- How to store, process and visualize data collected by internet of things devices
Get Hands-On Experience
You’ll develop solutions for the internet of things using Python and Raspberry Pi.