About this Program
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll immerse ourselves in the science and techniques behind drug development across all phases of translational pharmaceutics. You’ll study the principles of pharmacokinetics used to test the effectiveness of a drug in laboratory settings, and learn about navigating the steps from Investigational New Drug (IND) application to product launch. We’ll also investigate how to optimize drug formulation, scale up manufacturing processes and produce biologics and designer drugs. Gain a thorough knowledge of the stages involved in taking a pharmaceutical agent through the complex development process.
Professionals who work in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and related fields.
what you'll learn
- Principles of pharmacokinetics, such as single-dose intravenous and oral kinetics, multiple dosing and the role of disease in drug clearance and dose requirements
- Methods for designing and optimizing production processes
- Aspects of current and developmental biomaterials used for formulation and drug delivery systems
- Key drivers in setting go/no-go decision points in drug development
- How to develop a product life-cycle plan, identify the competitive environment and perform a marketing analysis of competition