About this Course
In this course, you’ll be introduced to the practical concepts of environmental sustainability that relate to facility management and facility optimization. We'll examine the latest trends, innovations and best practices for reducing costs associated with facilities usage. You'll explore methods for researching key sustainability issues, such as LEED certification, environmentally sensitive selection and green-building trends.
This course includes the following competency areas that align with the International Facility Management Association (IFMA™): Sustainability, Leadership and Strategy, Quality and Technology.
What You’ll Learn
- Sustainability strategies and management
- Utility and energy management principles and techniques, including economic analysis of alternative energy investments
- Quality management that uses Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and benchmarking
- How to use cutting-edge technologies and design processes for more efficient project management, asset management and maintenance
- Team management strategies and how they affect business results