About this Course
“How do I get published?” It’s a vexing question that every writer faces. This course offers you answers — an array of strategies, insider tips and proven techniques for unleashing your writing on the world.
We’ll cover each important step in the process, from querying to submitting to publication day and beyond. You’ll learn how to find a literary agent; write a pitch, query letter or book proposal; identify markets for your writing; and read and negotiate a contract. We’ll explore how to promote your work, including contests, writer’s conferences, blogging and social media. Guest speakers from the industry will offer valuable advice on surviving and thriving in the world of publishing and promotion.
Writers of all genres who want to publish and publicize their work.
What You’ll Learn
- How to craft a sure-fire story pitch or query letter
- Techniques for targeting the right market for your work: newspapers, magazines, literary journals, small presses, large publishing houses and online
- Ways to track your submissions and pitches
- Methods for fostering good relationships with agents and editors
- How to start, maintain and promote a blog
Get Hands-On Experience
You’ll generate pitches and query letters for your writing and receive expert feedback.