The program begins in January 2022. We are accepting applications until 5 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Monday, December 27, 2021. We will consider applications received after that date if space is available.
Step 1: Gather the following materials
- A brief letter (250-word maximum) that describes your relevant experience, transferable skills, knowledge of the field and commitment to professional growth
- A resume that highlights how your education and any applicable experience fulfill the program's admission requirements
- Your college transcript (unofficial copies are acceptable)
- English language test scores, if you're not a native English speaker
Step 2: Apply
Complete your application and submit the materials listed in step 1, along with your $50 nonrefundable application fee.
If you apply online, please email your transcript and English language test scores, if needed, to email@example.com, or fax them to the Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Attn: Sheila Prusa, 206-685-3072.
We’ll contact you within 10 business days after the application deadline to let you know if you’ve been accepted to the program.
If you’re accepted, we’ll send you details about your first-term course, including information on how to register and pay your course fees. Payment is due no later than two days before your first class.
The UW requires all students, including online students, to be vaccinated against COVID-19. You must provide proof of vaccination status or submit a request for an exemption for medical or religious reasons before you can register for classes.
Applicants must have:
- A bachelor of science degree in engineering or a related technical field
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 in the last two years of relevant coursework
- Professional experience in an engineering-related field
If English is not your native language, you should have at least intermediate English skills to enroll. To learn more, see English Language Proficiency Requirements – Credit Programs.
- Access to a computer with a recent operating system and a major web browser (such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer) with cookies enabled
- Adobe Flash Player 8 or 9
- High-speed internet connection
- Headset (Logitech Stereo Headset H151 recommended)
- Webcam (recommended)
Earning the Certificate
You earn the certificate by adhering to your program's attendance policy and successfully completing all required courses. You must receive a grade of at least 2.7 in each course, and you must complete the certificate in two years or less. For more information, see Earning the Certificate.