With a self-paced program, there is no application deadline — you can apply and start the program whenever you'd like.
Step 1: Gather the following materials
- A brief letter (250-word maximum) that describes your relevant experience, transferable skills, knowledge of the field and commitment to professional growth
- A resume that highlights how your education and any applicable experience fulfill the program's admission requirements
Step 2: Apply
Complete your application and submit the materials listed in step 1, along with your $50 nonrefundable application fee.
We’ll contact you within seven business days of receiving your complete application materials to let you know if you’ve been accepted to the program.
If you’re accepted, we’ll send you details about your first course, including information on paying your course fee. Note: You have 24 weeks to register for your first course after being accepted. After that, you'll need to reapply to the program before you can register.
You may qualify for an income-based scholarship for this program. For more information, see the Scholarships page.
To apply, you must have one of the following:
- A bachelor's degree followed by two to three years of work experience or military service
- An associate degree or two years of college followed by four years of work experience or military service
- A high school diploma or GED followed by six years of work experience or military service
You should be comfortable working in teams and doing presentations in front of the class.
If you're not a native English speaker, you’ll need to have at least basic English language skills to enroll. To learn more, see English Language Proficiency Requirements.
International students are welcome to apply to an online offering of this program, which doesn’t require a visa. To enroll in a classroom offering, you must have a visa that permits study in the United States. This program does not enable students to obtain or maintain F-1 visa status. For more information, see Admission Requirements for International Students.
You must have:
- Access to a computer with a Windows-based operating system (support is limited for Mac computers)
- Administrator access to the computer to download and install MS Project software
We also recommend a high-speed internet connection.
Earning the Certificate
You earn the certificate by adhering to the program's attendance policy and successfully completing all required courses. For more information, see Earning the Certificate.