The program begins in September 2019. We are accepting applications until 5 p.m. on September 23, 2019. We will consider applications received after that date if space is available.
Step 1: Gather the following materials
- A brief letter (250-word maximum) that describes your relevant experience, transferable skills, knowledge of the field and commitment to professional growth
- A resume that highlights how your education and any applicable experience fulfill the program's admission requirements
- Your college transcript (unofficial copies are acceptable)
- English language test scores, if you're not a native English speaker
Step 2: Apply
Complete your application and submit the materials listed in step 1, along with your $50 nonrefundable application fee.
If you apply online, please email your transcript and English language test scores, if needed, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax them to the Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Attn: Sheila Prusa, 206-685-3072.
We’ll contact you within 10 business days after the application deadline to let you know if you’ve been accepted to the program.
If you’re accepted, we’ll send you details about your first-term course, including information on how to register and pay your course fees. Payment is due no later than two days before your first class.
Applicants must have:
- A bachelor of science degree in engineering or a related technical field
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 in the last two years of relevant coursework
- Professional experience in an engineering-related field
If you're not a native English speaker, you’ll need to have at least basic English language skills to enroll. To learn more, see English Language Proficiency Requirements.
International students are welcome to apply to an online offering of this program, which doesn’t require a visa. To enroll in a classroom offering, you must have a visa that permits study in the United States. This program does not enable students to obtain or maintain F-1 visa status. For more information, see Admission Requirements for International Students.
- A computer that runs a recent version of a major web browser (such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer) with cookies enabled
- A high-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 8 or 9
- An external microphone (recommended: Logitech Stereo Headset H151)
Earning the Certificate
You earn the certificate by adhering to your program's attendance policy and successfully completing all required courses. You must receive a grade of at least 2.7 in each course, and you must complete the certificate in two years or less. For more information, see Earning the Certificate.