With a self-paced program, there is no application deadline — you can apply and start the program whenever you'd like.
Step 1: Online Assessment
Complete the Programming Assessment
Step 2: Gather the following materials
- A brief letter (250-word maximum) that describes your relevant experience, transferable skills, knowledge of the field and commitment to professional growth
- A resume that highlights how your education and any applicable experience fulfill the program's admission requirements
Step 3: Apply
Complete your application and submit the materials listed in step 2, along with your $50 nonrefundable application fee.
We’ll contact you within seven business days of receiving your complete application materials to let you know if you’ve been accepted to the program.
If you’re accepted, we’ll send you details about your first course, including information on paying your course fee. Note: You have 24 weeks to register for your first course after being accepted. After that, you'll need to reapply to the program before you can register.
You may qualify for an income-based scholarship for this program. For more information, see the Scholarships page.
To apply, you must have:
- Two years of college
- Three years of work experience (need not be in software)
- Comfortable using a command line to run various commands
- Comfortable with basic software development practices and doing research on the web to supplement class materials
- Able to install and manage software on chosen PC
Including time in class, you should expect to spend nine to 12 hours each week on coursework, depending on your level of experience.
If you're not a native English speaker, you’ll need to have at least basic English language skills to enroll. To learn more, see English Language Proficiency Requirements.
Because this offering is 100 percent online, no visa is required and international students are welcome to apply. For more information, see Admission Requirements for International Students.
Classroom students will need a laptop with administrator privileges to bring to class.
Online students will need access to a computer with administrator privileges, a headset with microphone and high-speed internet connection.
Specific software needs will be communicated before each course begins.
Earning the Certificate
You earn the certificate by adhering to the program's attendance policy and successfully completing all required courses. For more information, see Earning the Certificate.