To apply, you must have:
- Ability to install and manage software on your computer
- Comfortable using a command line to run various commands
- Comfortable with basic software development practices and doing research on the web to supplement class materials
Including time in class, you should expect to spend about 8 to 10 hours each week on coursework.
If English is not your native language, you should have at least intermediate English skills to enroll. To learn more, see English Language Proficiency Requirements – Noncredit Programs.
Because this offering is 100% online, no visa is required and international students are welcome to apply. For more information, see Admission Requirements for International Students.
- Access to a Windows or Mac computer with:
- A recent operating system (Windows 7 or later/Mac OS X 10.7.4 or later) and web browser
- 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo or faster processor (or the equivalent)
- At least 4GB of RAM
- Visual Studio 2012 Professional (or better); the Community edition of Visual Studio is available for download from the Microsoft website
- For those on a Mac: Boot Camp with Windows OS installed on partition; Virtual OS; or Docker, plus software (purchase required)
- High-speed internet connection
- Headset and webcam (recommended)
Earning the Certificate
You earn a certificate of completion by adhering to the program's attendance policy and successfully completing all required courses. For more information, see Earning the Certificate.