About this Program
Note: This program was previously titled Certificate in Contract Development & Management.
Contracts are the linchpin of most business transactions. Once two entities enter into an agreement, it can have far-reaching consequences for both sides. Government agencies, nonprofits and commercial enterprises of all sizes rely on contract management professionals to ensure their contracts are responsible, sustainable and bulletproof.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll acquire the skills and learn the strategies to effectively develop, negotiate and manage contracts and contracting relationships. We’ll examine the legal and financial aspects of contracts and explore how they are designed and modified. Become a contracts expert and propel your career.
Professionals who create and manage contracts, including those who want to enter or advance in the field.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Legal issues regarding contract design and management
- Key aspects of the purchasing and procurement process
- Details that shape the contracting process for goods and services
- Negotiation frameworks and tools
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Participate in simulated contract negotiations
- Evaluate real-world contracts during team exercises