About this Program
Successful engineering projects require more than just technical expertise. Effective leadership is the key to managing all the moving parts of a project and ensuring they combine to meet established requirements and objectives.
This four-course certificate program gives you the tools and knowledge to become a successful technical lead, first-level manager or program manager in an organization of any size. You’ll learn how to communicate with business professionals and participate in the decision-making process. Increase your confidence in leading diverse teams, making data-driven decisions and guiding complex projects to completion.
Engineers who are new to a leadership role or want to improve their leadership skills.
What You’ll Learn
- Ways to align projects with business strategy and scope projects from concept to final approval
- Qualitative and quantitative methods for decision making, including decision trees, Monte Carlo simulation and subjective probability
- The soft skills necessary for effective leadership, including communication styles, negotiation techniques, and teaching and mentoring practices
- How to leverage technology, manage risk and communicate project objectives and progress to senior management
- Approaches for handling cultural and generational diversity and team dynamics
Earn Graduate Credit
By completing this certificate program, you can earn graduate credit. Learn more about credit options.