About this Program
Facility managers today play an important role in any organization, contributing to overall goals such as reducing costs, improving productivity and pursuing sustainability. This three-course certificate program offers a detailed exploration of operations, maintenance, budgeting and business planning. You’ll also learn about issues regarding safety, security and environmental factors. Delve into current best practices and principles and form a foundation to build your career in this growing field.
Anyone with an interest in facility management and at least five years of work experience.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Official competency-aligned curriculum developed by the International Facility Management Association
- Key concepts in commercial facility management, including strategic planning and real estate issues
- The latest sustainability trends, including alternative energy, LEED certification, green building methods and technology innovations
- Design processes that enable coordination with architects, planners, engineers and contractors
- Techniques for managing staff and communicating with tenants
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
You’ll complete a real-world project to add to your professional portfolio.
PREPARE FOR CERTIFICATION
- Gain specific knowledge required for certification exams from a variety of professional organizations
- Earn up to 60 maintenance points that can be applied to a Certified Facility Manager credential from the International Facility Management Association