About this Program
For engineers in organizations that compete globally, systems thinking — understanding how different aspects of a system interconnect and impact the overall outcome — has become increasingly important. Factoring in the unique cultural issues that affect complex design and engineering projects is an essential part of the process.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll develop the systems thinking, problem solving and analytical skills needed to excel in today's global business environment. We’ll focus on topics related to systems engineering, project management, supply chain management and finance while considering multicultural factors. Learn to apply innovative industry techniques to design and optimize complex systems across a variety of engineering disciplines.
Practicing engineers and other professionals who want to become systems engineers or incorporate systems engineering principles into their work.
What You'll Learn
- Models for systems analysis and process, requirements analysis and functional analysis
- Project management considerations throughout the project life cycle
- Financial modeling concepts
- How to handle supply chain management challenges, including definition and scope, logistics, inventory and risks
- Skills for cross-cultural communication, international team building and outsourcing
Get Hands-On Experience
You will complete a team-based capstone project to solve a real-world problem and present your solution to the client.
Earn graduate credit
By completing this certificate program, you can earn graduate credit. Learn more about credit options.