About this Program
Java is perhaps the most widely used programming language in the IT world, underlying the Hadoop software framework and many data-heavy, enterprise-level operations. This versatile server-side language has also become a standard for games, mobile apps and Web-based content, and the demand for Java developers continues to grow at a rapid rate.
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll cover the full range of Java fundamentals. You’ll get an introduction to APIs, become familiar with application testing and deployment and use standard tools to develop basic Java programs. Develop the skills to create your own full-featured Java applications.
IT professionals with two years of programming experience in either an object-oriented or procedural language. Those with less experience should consider taking our course in Java Foundations first.
Graduates of the certificate programs in Java, Python and Ruby programming discuss the skills they gained from the programs and how the experience benefited their careers.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Basic syntax of the Java language
- Object-oriented programming concepts such as interaction, inheritance, abstraction, encapsulation and patterns
- Commonly used class libraries for working with strings and numbers
- Integration libraries and data structures to store and manipulate data, connect to databases and communicate over a network
- Advanced concepts such as multithreading, logging, regular expressions and distributed objects
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
You’ll build applications using real-world software architecture principles and advanced Java features.