About this Program
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll undertake an in-depth study of aircraft design and analysis. You’ll explore the technology of advanced materials and modern design trends. We’ll study the field’s most important aspects and latest developments, including finite element methods (FEM), modeling, design philosophy and criteria, and fatigue and fracture. Learn the ins and outs of the structure of modern aircraft.
This program is designed for Boeing employees only. You should have a bachelor’s degree in engineering with a background in mechanics of materials. Those who want a refresher course or an introduction to the subject should consider taking Composite Materials Overview for Engineers.
what you'll learn
- Fundamentals of structural analysis and design, computational methods, and fatigue and fracture analysis
- FEM theory and applications
- Configuration and load paths
- Aspects of external and internal loads, metallics, composites and material selection
- Fundamental principles of failure investigation, analysis methods, fracture mechanics and types of fatigue