About this Program
Note: This program was previously titled Certificate in Marketing Management.
In today’s highly competitive business environment, effective marketing has become absolutely vital to an organization’s success. In this three-course certificate program, you’ll receive a comprehensive high-level overview of both the art and science of marketing.
The program focuses on understanding the needs of the customer and how that impacts your product decisions, distribution, branding and marketing channel approach. You’ll dig deeply into key digital channels for targeting the right audience, and get hands-on practice with different techniques used for non-digital channels. You’ll then apply what you’ve learned to create a strategic marketing plan for a real-world client.
▸ Related Article: Hot Jobs: Marketing Manager
Professionals interested in entering the marketing field or mastering the fundamentals of marketing.
Instructor Jennifer Wong of the Certificate in Strategic Marketing talks about the many professional opportunities available to graduates of the program.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- The principles behind effective marketing strategy, including positioning, product decisions, pricing, branding and market research
- Methods for developing effective promotional campaigns
- Basic approaches for attracting and communicating with customers through mobile devices, websites, social media, email, online advertising, SEO strategies, direct mail, events and public relations
- Techniques for measuring the performance of digital channels
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Test out web-based marketing tools such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Simply Measured and MailChimp
- Conduct research using specialized business journals through the Foster Business Library
- Work as a group to complete a real marketing plan for a local company or organization